Loryn has dedicated her practice and legal career to fulling that ideal. Passionate and dedicated to the public services field, Loryn Stakenas-Blink started her career by assisting under-served clientele that could not otherwise afford legal representation.
Through working with numerous volunteer organizations, Every Woman’s Place, Grand Rapids Urban League, and Criminal Expungement workshops, to name a few, as well as interning at the Michigan House of Representatives, Loryn discovered the extraordinary challenges that individuals face when opposing their government, landlords, and big business.
Her practice areas include: motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, dog bites, and premises liability.
Loryn is a Magna Cum Laude graduate of the Western Michigan – Thomas M. Cooley Law School. Loryn graduated in the top 1% of her graduating class. During her tenure at Cooley Law School, Loryn held the honor of Teacher’s Assistant and was awarded the Certificate of Merit Award for Academics in Criminal Law, Gaming Law, Environmental Law, and Property Law II.
Notable Client Awards:
- 2018 $125,000 Settlement for a woman who needed back surgery as a result of a side-swipe collision involving an uninsured driver in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- 2018 $125,000 Settlement for a gentleman involved in a 2009 motor vehicle collision, wherein his auto-insurer stopped paying for his ongoing necessary medical treatment in Ionia, Michigan.
- 2018 $82,500 Settlement for a young girl who suffered PTSD and scarring as a result of a dog attack near her home in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- 2018 $57,500 for a woman who suffered a broken leg and ankle when she was struck by a motor vehicle as she was crossing the street in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- 2017 $75,000 Settlement for a woman who needed shoulder surgery as a result of a rear-end collision in Scottville, Michigan.
- 2017 $62,500 Settlement for a woman with pre-existing shoulder problems injured as a result of a rear-end collision in Muskegon, Michigan.
- 2017 $50,000 Settlement for a gentleman injured as a result of a broad-side collision in Muskegon, Michigan.
- 2017 $45,000 Settlement for a woman who suffered injury to the cartilage of her ear as a result of a dog attack near her home in Bailey, Michigan.
- 2017 $42,500 Settlement for a woman suffering from neck injury and migraines as a result of a rear-end collision in Grand Rapids, Michigan.